1. Contestants for the Mr. Gay USofA and Mr. Gay USofA at Large Contests must be born male and 21 years of age by the National Pageant to enter. All contestants should be prepared to present a valid, non-expired state issued ID at Registration. Contestants may not compete until the identification has been presented
2. All contestants for the Mr. Gay USofA at Large Contest must weigh at least 200 lbs at both their preliminary contest and the national contest.
3. Judging will be on a total point accumulated system. Score sheets will be provided by USofA Pageants. Ties will be broken by the higher talent score.
4. Contestants will be judges in the following categories:
a. Personal Interview
c. Club Wear
5. Talent presentation will be limited to seven (7) minutes. Prop set up and tear down time will be limited to five (5) minutes. Talent presentations will be timed at rehearsals and any presentation over seven (7) minutes will have administrative points deducted.
6. Any type of talent presentation is acceptable except those which might cause injury to the audience or any other person. No glitter, fire or water of any kind (including paint) may be used in any talent presentation. No live animals will be allowed in any talent presentation.
7. The use of or dispensing of any illegal drugs or marijuana will not be tolerated while a contestant is participating in any USofA Pageants event. Immediate disqualification will result for anyone who breaks this rule.
8. Any contestant who is not at their appointed place at the appointed time will lose administrative points.
9. Any contestant, contestant’s dancer(s), helper(s), etc who is caught in the act of stealing or tampering with any other person’s property will be disqualified and immediately removed from the location of the contest.
10. USofA Pageants does not discriminate against any contestant with silicone or hormones. The use of silicone or hormones will not be considered by any judge while scoring either contest.
11. Once a contestant has placed as 1st Alternate in a preliminary contest they may not enter another preliminary within that system. They must go to the national contest with that placement.
12. Any contestant who qualifies to compete in the national contest and fails to attend will be banned from the system for a period of at least one (1) year and must pay back any prize monies to their promoter and pay a $125 fine to the national promoter.
13. Once an individual has won any USofA National Title (Miss Gay USofA, Mr. Gay USofA, Miss Gay USofA at Large, Mr. Gay USofA at Large, Miss Gay USofA Classic, Mister USofA MI, Mister USofA MI Classic, Miss DIVA USofA or Miss Gay USofA Newcomer) they may not compete in any Pageant until the end of their reign.
14. USofA Pageants and Craig Henderson reserve the right to make any decision concerning any matter not covered by these rules and regulations.